How to Program Chevy Garage Door Opener
If you are a new Chevrolet or Cadillac owner in the Cartersville area, and you want to learn how to program the HomeLink system with your garage door opener, follow our step-by-step guide at Riverside Chevy Cadillac. Contact us if you have any questions or want to know more about using your Chevy technology.
Programming Your Homelink Garage Door Opener for the First Time
- Make sure your remote control transmitter has a fresh battery
- With your car parked facing your garage, switch on the ignition.
- Locate your Homelink buttons. They’ll usually be one of three places: your rearview mirror, your visor, or your overhead console.
- Holding your remote control transmitter 1-3 inches away from your Homelink control buttons, simultaneously press the desired Homelink control button and the corresponding remote control button.
- Hold the button until the Homelink indicator light flashes slowly and then either changes to a solid light or flashes rapidly.
- The change indicates that frequency signal has been learned.
- If the Homelink indicator light is solid, programming is complete. If the Homelink indicator light flashes rapidly continuously, follow the next group of steps below.
- Push the Homelink controller button twice to activate. If this does not work, follow the next group of steps.
When the Homelink indicator light flashes rapidly continuously, that means you have a rolling code system, which means you’ll want to follow these additional steps for programming your garage door:
- Exit the car and enter your garage, locating the garage door opener motor.
- Find the “Learn” or “Smart” button. This is typically next to the hanging antenna wire on the back of the motor.
- Press the Learn button once, and you will have 30 seconds to complete the next step.
- Return to the vehicle, and push the programmed homelink control button three times to complete the activation process.
- Repeat the previous four steps for the remaining two Homelink buttons, and your garage door should now be activated.
- Once programmed, the Homelink wireless control system and the original remote control transmitter can each be used to operate your garage door.
Learn More at Riverside Chevy Cadillac
If you are still having trouble with programming, consult your owner’s manual or come to our service center near Cedartown and Calhoun for more assistance. Our expert technicians are happy to help. You can also explore the latest Chevy technology and features like Chevy MyLink (and how to update it) at Riverside Chevy Cadillac.
Service Tips From Riverside Chevy Cadillac
If your Cadillac, Chevrolet model is dented or scratched, rely on the experts at Riverside Chevy Cadillac to help you out! Learn how to repair car dents and scratches yourself, and learn how to decide if a dent is large or significant enough to indicate more serious damage. Schedule service with our expert team, and then take the…
If you are a new Chevrolet or Cadillac owner in the Cartersville area, and you want to learn how to program the HomeLink system with your garage door opener, follow our step-by-step guide at Riverside Chevy Cadillac. Contact us if you have any questions or want to know more about using your Chevy technology. Contact Us Programming…
If you are thinking about purchasing the new Chevrolet Tahoe for sale in the Cartersville area, or if you already own the new Chevy Tahoe, it’s important to know how to maintain it. Follow our Chevrolet maintenance guide below for the new Tahoe, then schedule a test drive to check out this Chevy SUV for…