How to Fix a Car Dent or Scratch
If your Cadillac, Chevrolet model is dented or scratched, rely on the experts at Riverside Chevy Cadillac to help you out! Learn how to repair car dents and scratches yourself, and learn how to decide if a dent is large or significant enough to indicate more serious damage. Schedule service with our expert team, and then take the trip from Cedartown to Riverside Chevy Cadillac!
DIY Car Dent Fix
- Dent puller – Only proceed with this if you’re used to using this method as this requires drilling a hole in the dent, lacing the wire through and pulling the dent back to surface level. You’ll then need to fill the hole, sand it down, and paint.
- Hammer or Mallet – Using one of these on the opposite side of the dent can help knock the spot back into place. Use the hammer for smaller fixes and the mallet for larger dents. Be sure to protect the side you are hammering with a towel or something equivalent to avoid more damage.
- Plunger – Whether it’s the plunger from your bathroom or a car dent plunger, using this tool can pop the dent out with several attempts at leveling the dent out.
DIY Fix for Car Scratches
If you notice there’s a scratch on your car and you feel that it’s not worth bringing your car in for repair service at a service center, here are some do-it-yourself car scratch removal tips.
- Candle wax – This is by no means a permanent solution, but it will hold in an emergency. Gently rub the wax over the cleaned area to seal the scratch.
- Super glue – Like candle wax, this helps seal the scratch temporarily and blends with the vehicle masking the damage slightly.
- Sandpaper – Shallow scratches just on the surface can easily be removed after cleaning the area and rubbing over it with 2000-grit wet sandpaper. Once it’s at a point where the scratch is almost invisible, apply a rubbing compound.
Rely on Riverside Chevy Cadillac
For more information on removing scratches, dents, and other car repairs, take the trip from Calhoun to Riverside Chevy Cadillac so our service team can help! After those pesky dents are removed, we’ll help you decide between a hand wash vs. touchless car wash to get your vehicle sparkling like new. Have any questions? Be sure to contact us so we can provide an answer, and check out our guide to common maintenance tips.
More from Riverside Chevy Cadillac
Newly upgraded for 2020, the new Chevrolet Silverado 1500 towing capacity is a best-in-class max 13,400 pounds. That means you’ll have power to spare for any task that needs doing on your Cartersville job sites. The 2020 model is also earning top scores on fuel economy when outfitted with the new turbo diesel 6-cylinder engine…
If your first priority as a Cartersville car-buyer is your new vehicle’s fuel economy, one performance spec that deserves attention is the 2020 Chevy Equinox fuel economy, coming in at an EPA-estimated 22/28 city/highway MPG — some of the best estimates you’ll find in the compact SUV class. This powerful SUV provides you with a…
Searching for a full-size three-row SUV your Cartersville family will love? The 2020 Chevy Tahoe should be at the top of your list. In addition to delivering cavernous interior space and plenty of advanced features, the Tahoe is surprisingly fuel-efficient, making it a cost-effective option for those who take frequent family road trips. Explore the…