How to Fix a Car Dent or Scratch
If your Cadillac, Chevrolet model is dented or scratched, rely on the experts at Riverside Chevy Cadillac to help you out! Learn how to repair car dents and scratches yourself, and learn how to decide if a dent is large or significant enough to indicate more serious damage. Schedule service with our expert team, and then take the trip from Cedartown to Riverside Chevy Cadillac!
DIY Car Dent Fix
- Dent puller – Only proceed with this if you’re used to using this method as this requires drilling a hole in the dent, lacing the wire through and pulling the dent back to surface level. You’ll then need to fill the hole, sand it down, and paint.
- Hammer or Mallet – Using one of these on the opposite side of the dent can help knock the spot back into place. Use the hammer for smaller fixes and the mallet for larger dents. Be sure to protect the side you are hammering with a towel or something equivalent to avoid more damage.
- Plunger – Whether it’s the plunger from your bathroom or a car dent plunger, using this tool can pop the dent out with several attempts at leveling the dent out.
DIY Fix for Car Scratches
If you notice there’s a scratch on your car and you feel that it’s not worth bringing your car in for repair service at a service center, here are some do-it-yourself car scratch removal tips.
- Candle wax – This is by no means a permanent solution, but it will hold in an emergency. Gently rub the wax over the cleaned area to seal the scratch.
- Super glue – Like candle wax, this helps seal the scratch temporarily and blends with the vehicle masking the damage slightly.
- Sandpaper – Shallow scratches just on the surface can easily be removed after cleaning the area and rubbing over it with 2000-grit wet sandpaper. Once it’s at a point where the scratch is almost invisible, apply a rubbing compound.
Rely on Riverside Chevy Cadillac
For more information on removing scratches, dents, and other car repairs, take the trip from Calhoun to Riverside Chevy Cadillac so our service team can help! Have any questions? Be sure to contact us so we can provide an answer, and check out our guide to common maintenance tips!
More from Riverside Chevy Cadillac
As soon as you step into the cabin of a 2019 Cadillac XT5, you’ll recognize what sets this luxury SUV apart from its competitors. From beautiful natural wood panels and leather seating crafted with care to carbon fiber accents, the Cadillac XT5 interior is designed to provide the comfort and style your Cartersville drives demand….
Depending on which 2019 Chevy Silverado 1500 model you choose for Cartersville job sites, the answer to “what is the bed size of a Chevy Silverado?” will vary. Riverside Chevy Cadillac offers a comprehensive guide to the available new Silverado bed sizes to help you determine which is best for you. Learn more below before you get…
The 2019 Chevy Silverado is one of the highest-performing pickup trucks available, boasting incredible power and towing capacity. It’s also surprisingly easy to personalize. Cartersville and Cedartown drivers looking to customize their new Chevrolet Silverado can do so with OEM Silverado accessories for General Motors vehicles. Silverado 1500 OverviewSilverado 1500 for SaleOrder Parts Silverado Truck…